6 Tips to Cut Your Energy Costs
Go Green and Save Green: 6 Tips to Cut Your Energy Costs this Year
Want to save some green—and go green—in 2021? Below, we offer six tips to cut your energy costs that will not only benefit the environment, but also your bottom line.
Simple Habits that Save
Reducing your energy costs does not have to be complicated. The simple steps below can score you quick savings:
- Turn down your thermostat and you will save 1% off your heating costs for each 1º you lower the setting.
- Switch all of your lighting to energy-efficient light bulbs, which use 25–80% less energy and last 3–25 times longer.
- Unplug small appliances, like your toaster and coffee maker, when not in use to save an average of $100 per year.
Bigger Steps, Bigger Savings
If you want bigger savings, you will have to take some bigger steps. While these projects cost money up front, they will save you more in the long run.
- Make sure your heating and air conditioning systems are working at peak efficiency. Call us if you are due for a tune-up.
- Replace your old furnace with a new, energy-efficient model. Contact us to talk about your options.
- Improve or replace old windows. Heat gain and loss through windows can account for 25–30% of a home’s heating/cooling energy use.
Here to Help
We regularly post blogs with energy- and money-saving tips, so check back often for more ideas, and be sure to sign up for our monthly e-blasts and follow us on Facebook. We know every home and customer has different needs, so reach out anytime to see how we can help you with your home comfort, electrical and plumbing needs.